Delhi zoo or Chidiya Ghar located nearby old fort in Delhi. it is 16th-century zoo & opened on 1st November 1959 for the public. it is one of the best places to spend some times with nature and animals. more than 1300 animals of 130 species birds kept inside the zoo for displaying to the visitors. along with wide range of zoo designed and maintain by Delhi government time to time. more than thousands of people visit every day in the zoo with their families and friends and spend some time with animals by playing them. this article will helpful for those who are searching on the internet about Delhi zoo timing, entry fees, location, address etc. here is the complete information about Delhi National Zoological Park.
History of National Zoological Park Delhi.
The Delhi Zoo Came after the establishment of New Delhi, but the idea of the zoo have mooted at the Capital of India in 1951. after the idea of the zoo in Delhi, in 1952 the board of wildlife created a committee to look into creating a Zoo for Delhi. after the construction work, the committee was hired to the zoological garden of Hamburg for a plan of the zoo. Finally, in November 1959, the zoo was inaugurated and opened for public.
What to See In Delhi Zoo | Facilities of Delhi Zoo
Inside the Zoo, you will see different types of animals & Birds like as White Tiger, Lion, Fox, Sheep, Sloth Bear, Leopard, royal Bengal tiger, Crocodile, blackbuck, Deer, African wild buffalo, and Birds are white peacocks, Pigeon, parrot, hen, Eagle, etc.
For the visitors, there are many facilities available inside the Delhi zoo, such as Clock room, canteen, water, Tea Stall, Battery operated vehicle etc. Check here Delhi Zoo Entry timing, closing time, Entry fees & how to reach Delhi Zoo.
Delhi Zoo Entry Fees & Timings
- Entry & Closing Time of Delhi Zoo
|1st April to 15th October||9:00 AM to 4:30 PM|
|16th October to 31st March||9:30 AM to 4:00 PM|
Entrance Fees or Entry Charges.
Entry Fees For Indian
- Adults : – Rs. 40/- Per head
- Children (Height Under 3ft.):- Free
- Children (Height 3-5 ft.) :- Rs. 20/- Per head
- Senior Citizen (60 years & Above): – Rs. 20/- per head
Entry Fees for Foreigners
- Adults: – Rs. 200/- per head
- Children (Up to 5 years ): – Free
- Children (above 5 years): – Rs. 100/- per head
Fees For Educational Tour Students & Staff
- Student (1st -5th Std.): – Free
- Student (6th-8th Std.): – Rs. 10/- Per head
- Student (9th & Above): – Rs. 20/- per head
- Accompanying Staff: – Rs. 20/- per head
- Tatkal Tickets: – Rs. 200/- per head
Battery Operated Vehicles Charges
- Adults: – Rs. 67/- per head
- Child (Between 5 to 12 year): – Rs. 34/- per head
- Child (below 5 Years): – Free
- Still Camera: – Rs. 50/- per day
- Amateur: – Rs. 200/- per day
- Documentary: – Rs. 2000/- per day
- Feature Film: – Rs. 20,000- per day
Other Visitor Facility
- Wheel Chair for Physically Challenged: – Free of Cost.
- Cloak Room: – Rs. 1/- Per Piece of Luggage.
- Zoo Remains Closed on Every Friday & National Holidays.
- In the Zoo Tabacco, Liquor & Private Vehicles are not allowed.
How to Reach Delhi Zoo
For reaching Delhi Zoo, you can take the bus, auto, Cab, and Metro. the nearest metro station is Pragati Maidan (Blue Line). after reaching the metro station you can take any bus or auto to Delhi Zoo, it is 2km away from metro station.
Nearest Metro: – Pragati Maidan (Blue Line) or CGO Complex, Lodi Road .
Nearest Bus Stop: – Delhi Zoo.
Address: – Mathura, Road, New Delhi-110003
Phone No.- +91-11-24359825
Email: – email@example.com
Official Website: – www.nzpnewdelhi.gov.in