Delhi is the Capital and Union Territory of India. it is bordered by Haryana on three sides and by Uttar Pradesh to the east. it has a population about 25 million, people lives from other states of India . as we know that Delhi is the historical place as well as a good tourist place in India . in this article we are sharing here some best information about Delhi Church. find here best church available in capital city New Delhi .and also find their location, address, and how to reach there on the occasion of Christmas and many more festival of the Christian religion.
Famous Church in New Delhi, Location, Address
Church is the best place for Christian religion for the worship of god. Nowadays all the religion those who have faith goes to church daily. it is the place where Christian can meet together and encouraged the Christian religion. there are many church available in New Delhi. here the complete information about Delhi Church.
Sacred Heart Cathedral Church
Sacred Heart Cathedral Church in one of the oldest church in Delhi. it was built in the year of 1930 and founded by St. Francis of Assisi. it is located at Ashok Place, Gol Dak Khana, Connaught Place New Delhi. this is an ideal place for Christians as well as others religion people.
- Church Timing, November to March (Winter): – Cathedral (Saturday) – 6:00 pm, Sunday Anticipated Mass (English), Weekdays Mass at 6:30 am, 1:00 pm, 6:00 pm.
- Church Timing, April to October (Summer): – weekdays mass at, 6:00 am, 1:00 pm & 6:30 pm.
Address:- 1, Gol Dak Khana, Roundabout, New Delhi-110001.
How to reach: – it is located at Connaught place, nearest metro station is Rajeev Chowk. you can reach here through auto and private cab easily.
Cathedral Church of the Redemption
Cathedral Church of the Redemption is located east of parliament and Rashtrapati Bhawan. it is also known as Viceroy church among the most beautiful church in India .the Cathedral Church of the Redemption was built in such a manner that even in the extream summer it remains cool. the church was completed in the year of 1935 and opened for public in the year of 1936.
- Church Timing (Summer) :- 8:00 am (English) , 9:35 am (Tamil) , 11:15 am (Hindi) .
- Church Timing (Winter) :- 8:30 am (English) , 10:05 (Tamil) , 11:45 am (Hindi) .
Address:- 1, Church Road, North Avenue, New Delhi -110001.
How to Reach: – for going Cathedral Church of the Redemption new Delhi can take metro or Taxi, Auto. nearest metro station is Central Secretariate.
St. James’ Church New Delhi
The St. James’ Church is the first Church in Delhi which was built in the year of 1836 A.D. previously it was also known as skinner’s church. it is the oldest worshiping church in Delhi, commissioned by colonel James’ skinner and consecrate in 1836. it is located in Kashmiri gate new Delhi. St. James’ Church New Delhi Played an important part in the life of the city. Many important people have visited prayed and Married here .the church has many facilities for people such as the church lawns, parish hall etc.
- Church Timing in Summer:- 8:30 Am – 10:00 Am. (After Easter )
- Church Timing in Winter:- 9:00 Am – 10:30 Am. (After 1st October)
Address: – St. James’ Church, Church Road Mori Gate, New Delhi – 110006.
How to reach: – For visiting St. James’ Church Delhi you can take Metro or Taxi, Auto from anywhere in Delhi. Nearest Metro Station is Kashmiri gate.
St. Thomas Church, New Delhi
St. Thomas Church is located at R K Puram, South Delhi. it is also known as the red brick church of South Delhi. it was established in 1972 with postmodern architectural style .the st. Thomas church organizes the daily event for people on time.
- Church Timing (Week Days):– 6:45 am and 7:00 pm
Address: – Sector 2, Ram Krishna Puram, New Delhi -110022.
How to Reach:-
Nearest Metro Station: – Green Park
Apart from the list of the church mentioned above, there is some others church available in New Delhi. Some of Name and Place are given below.
- St. Stephen’s Church Delhi – Chandni Chowk.
- St. Mary’s Church Delhi .- Shyama Prasad , Mukhrjee Marg .
- Green Park Free Church New Delhi – Green Park .
- Catholic Parish of Saint Teresa of Child Jesus – Pushp Vihar.
- Central Baptist Church – Chandni Chowk opposite Sisganj Gurudwara.