Belur Math or Belur Mutt is the Head Quater of Ramakrishna Math and Mission. it was founded by Swami Vivekanand, a chief disciple of Ramakrishna Paramahamsa. it is the holy place, located in Howrah, Kolkata. here people came across India as well as foreign for seeing the temple. this temple is the heart of Ramakrishna movement. the temple architecture indicates all religion like Hindu, Muslim, Islamic. if you are in Kolkata and searching peaceful place then you have the best option to Belur Math. in this article we are sharing here some useful information about Ramakrishna Math Howrah, Kolkata.
Places to See at Ramakrishna Math or Belur Math Kolkata.
- Ramakrishna Temple: – Originally Conceived by swami Vivekananda. this temple was established on 14th January 1938. this temple indicates the unity by showing it architecture. this is the main part of the mutt.
- The Old Shrine: – it is located to the north-east of Ramakrishna Temple. in this shrine, daily worship was conducted from January 1899 to till the new temple was constructed.
- Swami Vivekanand’s Room: – it is located south-east from old shrine stand. here the great swami Vivekanand lived and attained mahasamadhi on 4th July 1902. in front of this, there is a mango tree, under this tree Swamiji used to sit and met to the visitors & their devotees.
- Ramakrishna Museum: – in this museum display the article and artifacts closely associated with Sri Ramakrishna, Swami Vivekananda, Holy Mother etc.
You Can also visit here the following things which are mention below.
- Swami Brahmananda Temple
- Holy Mother Temple.
- Swami Vivekananda Temple.
- The Samadhi Enclosure.
- The Old Math.
The Timing of Sri Ramakrishna Museum
Morning – 8:30 to 11:30
Evening – 4:00 to 6:00 (April to September) & 3:30 to 5:30 (October to March )
Visiting Time of Belur Math
April to September :- Morning – 6:00 to 11:00 AM & Evening – 4:00 to 7:00 PM .
October to March :- Morning- 6:30 to 11:30 AM & Evening -3:30 to 6 :00 PM .
How to Reach Belur Math: railway- For reaching the Belur math you can take taxi or bus from the railway station or bus stop. if you want to go to train then you have to best option to take a passenger train for Belur math railway station.
For more information, you may visit the official website of Belur Math and any query or suggestion write a comment on given comment box below this article.