Bangalore has a diversity of interesting museums that stand as witnesses to the city’s glorious past and captivating present. From mysterious art and archaeology to wonderful science and technology and rich history to philately, explore the best museum of India’s Silicon Valley. Museum lovers will helpful for finding the best Museums in Banglore city. here we are going to share some useful information about the Museums available in Banglore. you will find here top 5 list of Museums in Bangalore, which should visit once.
List Of Top 5 Museums In Bangalore
- Government Museum
This Museum is considered the eldest as well as best museums in Bangalore which is alienated into 18 galleries and preserves an assortment of archaeological as well as geological objects including old jewellery, paintings, writings, sculpture, and antique coins etc. The museum features a rare collection of ancient coins that belong to the Indus Valley Civilization.
- Location:- Kasturba Road, Bangalore
- Timing:- Everyday 10:00 AM – 05:00 PM
- Entry Fee:- Rs. 10.0 per person for adults, Rs. 5.0 per person for children
- Closed:- Wednesday and Public Holidays
- The Hindustan Aeronautics Aerospace Museum
Established in 2001, Museum is the first aerospace museum in Bangalore as well as in India. It depicts the history of Indian aviation and HAL. The museum exhibit air engines, helicopters, aircraft and history and development of the aviation industry of India and HAL.
- Location:- Varthur Road, HAL GB Quarters, Bangalore
- Timing:- Everyday 09:00 AM – 05:00 PM
- Entry Fee:- Rs. 30 for Adults and Rs. 20 for Children
- Additional fee:- Rs. 10 for Camera and Rs. 45 for Video Camera
- Closed:- On Public Holidays
3. Visvesvaraya Industrial and Technological Museum
There are five galleries in this museum and each one is dedicated to a specific aspect of technology. The museum is must-watch for tourists and experienced hunters to find a variety of entertaining shows. It boasts with various aspects of technology like the rockets in the Space Hall, the electrical displays within the Electro-Technic Hall, the animatronics in Dinosaur Corner and the Fun Science Hall for children
Location: Cubbon Park, Kasturba Road, Bangalore
Timing: Everyday 10:00 AM – 06:00 PM
Entry Fee: Rs. 40 for Adults and Rs.20 for Student
Closed: Monday and Public Holidays
- Art Gallery of Venkatappa
It is located next to the Government Museum, visitors can glimpse the boasts with an exciting compilation of artworks of the Karnataka’s famous artist; in the Venkatappa Art Gallery. Moreover, there are numerous collection of other applauded artists is also on display like KK Hebbar was renowned for his themed artwork.
- Location: Kasturba Rd, Bengaluru,
- Entry Fee: Rs. 10 per person for Adults, Rs. 5 for Children
- Timing: Everyday 10:00 AM – 05:00 PM
- Madras Sappers Museum and Archives
This museum is recognized as the oldest regiment of the units of Indian Army’s Engineers. The museum includes things that are related to the history of military, armoury, artefacts attire, medals, etc. The art gallery features housing the Deccan Ville, the oldest locomotive built by the MEG.
- Location: Kumara Park East, Seshadripuram, Bangalore
- Timing: 8:30 AM to 1:30 PM and 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM (Sundays 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM)
- Entry Fee: With special permission only